5 Design Ideas for Your 3 Seasons SunroomLiving in the Midwest, we do not get enough time outdoors. 3 seasons sunrooms are the perfect way to feel like you are outdoors even when the weather is not exactly inviting, and continue to enjoy the sunshine and take in the beauty of the changing seasons when Mother Nature is changing her tune. The temperatures may be dropping, but you will still feel completely comfortable inside your 3 seasons sunroom. In addition to the suggestions below, consider adding a fireplace or wood-burning stove to your 3 seasons room to create an ambiance and keep your space warm as we change into the winter months.
Design Ideas For your 3 Seasons Sunroom
- Let the light in – there are different ways to do this with transom windows, floor to ceiling windows, skylights, and glass ceilings.
- Bring the outdoors in – use that green thumb, and bring in a ton of full-sun houseplants and of hanging plants. Add a potting station to the room.
- Cozy textures and soft edges – lots of pillows, a comfy chaise, blankets, and throws. Get rid of sharp edges.
- Use multi-purpose furniture – rolling tables, storage trunks for seating, folding stools used for seating, and side tables to name a few examples.
- Bright and cheerful colors – electric blues, bright yellows work as accents.